We have seen exciting growth in requests for active holidays which we love and very passionate about.
We, therefore, decided to do this feature on Kwa Zulu Natal as it combines so much, from phenomenal Safari opportunities, either on an affordable level or luxury to hiking, beer tasting to just relaxing on a beach after a spa treatment. Ticks all the boxes!
Make the most of a Kwa Zulu Natal trip by factoring in a hike in the mighty Drakensberg Mountains. The uKhahlamba/Drakensberg Park was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site and includes the world’s second-highest waterfall, the Tugela Falls (Thukela Falls), with a total drop of 947 metres (3,100 feet). These are some of the experiences one can look forward to:
- Mandela Capture Site
- Craft beer, wine and gin tasting experience
- Staying at 4-star lodges en route
- Stargazing at the lodge – here African stories are told to the group by a young local Zulu boy
- Visit WOW Zulu cultural/craft centre
- Falcon Ridge bird of prey display
- Optional Hot Air balloon flight
- Optional canopy tours
- Rock Art
- Concert by World Famous Drakensberg Boys Choir – Wed nights only